In today’s employment market, the power has shifted from employer to employee as the competition for top talent grows. In the month of October 2017, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reported an unemployment rate of 4.1 percent. This means our employees now have the choice to be very selective regarding career opportunities and employers. For organizations everywhere, this presents both challenges and opportunities. As we continue to compete for talent, recruiters are poaching and employer social information on sites like Glassdoor and Indeed are more accessible than ever making it harder and harder for us to attract and retain top talent. Take a leap of faith and start looking internally. While your underperformers are holding you back and checking Facebook, your high performers are getting restless and checking LinkedIn. It’s time to turn the tables around and explore what can be done in creating ‘The Sticky Employee’ in this highly competitive talent market.
- Developing Top Talent:
- Got Goals – tools for goal setting, aligning and tracking company-wide goals
- Enhance performance and accountability using SMART Goals wisely
- Identifying Top Performers
- The top talent differentiator – you can do more with less
- How to use data to seek them out
- Engaging Top Performers
- Understanding pay – enough to make you dangerous (and competitive)
- One size does not fit all – know the role you want pay to play
- The impact of pay – good pay equals good work, and so much more!
Whether you’re more inclined to follow the Bureau of Labor unemployment rate at 4.1%, or put more stock into Gallup’s “real unemployment” metric sitting at 7.9%, the implications are clear; the American workforce has options. This presents both challenges and opportunities. While your loafers are getting comfortable and checking Instagram, your superstars are getting restless and checking LinkedIn. Attendees of this event will be better equipped in addressing these issues and learning strategies on how to identify and retain their top performers, before someone else does..
January 24 2018, 11 AM PST, 2 PM EST, 7 PM GMT