From #MeToo to the mid-terms, 2018 was a banner year for significant events and momentous societal movements that should make HR practitioners sit up and take notice. HR’s role in protecting organizations as well as their human assets is a complicated business, yet so necessary particularly during tumultuous times.
Here are areas for HR to focus to help ensure their companies are on the right track for 2019:
- Anti-harassment training is only Step 1 – take your prevention measures farther by creating a culture of respectful behavior throughout the organization
- Bolster gender equality through a thorough internal review of practices, from recruitment to pay and promotion
- Update your social media policies and practices – use social media to your company’s advantage without running afoul of labor laws
- Unlawful immigration remains forefront on the Administration’s agenda – don’t let Homeland Security’s commitment to increased employer I-9 audits catch you unaware
- Multi-state employers beware: power shifts at the state level resulting from the mid-term elections may signal legislation changes in 2019 – how you can be aware and prepare
January 17, 2019 12.30 PM PST, 3.30 PM EST, 8.30 PM BST